For incoming first-year students
Applications for living-learning communities can be completed once an incoming student has accepted their offer of admission from Virginia Tech and paid the matriculation fee. At that time, a housing contract will be made available to eligible students. A component of the application is expressing interest and applying to living-learning communities. Students may apply for up to three living-learning communities as part of the housing contract process.
Once you have accepted your offer of admission to the university, we encourage you to apply to a living-learning community through the StarRez Application Portal.
Cycle #1: January 15 – January 31
- Application Deadline: January 31
- Application Notification: February 3 (or earlier depending on application submission date)
- Offer Expiration: February 15
Cycle #2: February 2 – February 29
- Application Deadline: February 29
- Application Notification: March 2 (or earlier depending on application submission date)
- Offer Expiration: March 15
Cycle #3: March 2 – March 31
- Application Deadline: March 31
- Application Notification: April 1 (or earlier depending on application submission date)
- Offer Expiration: April 15
Cycle #4: April 2 – April 30
- Application Deadline: April 30
- Application Notification: May 1 (or earlier depending on application submission date)
- Offer Expiration: May 15
Cycle #5: May 2 – May 30
- Application Deadline: May 30
- Application Notification: June 1 (or earlier depending on application submission date)
- Offer Expiration: June 15
Cycle #6: June 2 – June 16
- Application Deadline: June 16
- Application Notification: June 22 (or earlier depending on application submission date)
- Offer Expiration: July 1
Please note, students are able and encouraged to apply before deadlines for each cycle. Students will not be able to apply to Living-Learning Programs after Tuesday, June 16, 2020 to allow time for room selection before the start of the fall term.
For current students
The 2020-21 application process for current students is now closed. The 2021-22 application cycle will begin for current students in October.
For transfer students
Due to limited on-campus spots for transfer students, any transfer students seeking to live on campus must follow these steps:
- Apply to the Transfer Experience LLC
- If accepted, you will receive a housing contract and are required to live in the Transfer Experience LLC designated spaces.
- If you do not want to apply to the Transfer Experience LLC, you can place your name on the housing waitlist.
- If taken off the waitlist, you can apply to up to 3 LLPs other than Transfer Experience.
- If you are not taken off the waitlist and not accepted to Transfer Experience, you will have to seek off-campus arrangements.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.